Wednesday 15 December 2010

Killing Time


I am currently waiting on a delivery of lino. I have new paper, roller, inks and palette knife waiting impatiently alongside my press for me to be able to start cutting and printing my current project. The deadline is the end of this month so I can guarantee you will see results soon! In the meantime, I remembered that I had ordered some scraperboard and cutters, partly because I felt it could be a useful way of producing draft images pre-printing, but more out of curiosity than anything else. And whilst waiting I have been playing around with this medium a little. It's quite strange as the actual cutting technique is rather different from that of lino and I've been having difficulty replicating some of the marks I could easily whip out on lino. However, while some of these experiments have not been fully successful, I have produced a portrait of my brother which I am quite pleased with (see above). The actual result is a far cry from lino-cutting, but there's room in my life for more than just one medium/technique I guess!

4 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

wow that's amazing! i love the sweep of his jawbone.

Victoria Stitch said...

suwow that's amazing! i love the sweep of his jawbone.

illustration poetry said...

but this is so great...

x

Benedict Mayer said...

Thanks so much! x