Monday 13 September 2010

My, hasn't it been a while...


It has indeed, and for that may I offer my sincerest apologies. It's been a bit of a strange time, finishing university, moving back home, coming to terms with the fact that I'm not starting back again this month and that I am, in fact, in the real world now.

I am sad to say that I have not been doing much drawing or illustration at all since finishing; motivation has been at an all time low. However, i am just starting to draw up a BIG new project for myself to focus on, details of which I shall release later, and I am hoping that this will help my creativity return. I have also ordered a printing press (my very own!) and hopefully this will help as well as, while I do have a rather large stock of untouched lino, after 2 years of using the excellent printmaking workshop at uni I cannot really bring myself to start hand-rubbing prints again.

In the meantime, I would like to bring a couple of links to your attention:
The first is my website. It's nothing special, but my knowledge of the software limits me from attempting to make anything too complicated so I settled for this.
The second is my RedBubble profile. Here you can buy digital prints, greetings cards, t-shirt and more of my work, and being the pauper that I am I need all the money I can get, so go crazy!

Well, that is my life (reasonably) updated. I hope to keep in contact a bit more regularly from now on, though it may just be sketchbook pages until I get round to some more linocutting, but I hope you will be patient with me.

So until tomorrow (probably not)

Au Revoir

x

2 comments:

N.O. WOZ ERE said...

What kind of press have you bought? I need some advice about what to look for and where as I'm not really sure what I need. For lino, can fit in a small bedroom, doesn't cost an arm/leg.

Benedict Mayer said...

Hey I got the press from here:

http://www.magenta-sky.com/printmaking%20relief%20press%20-%20relief%20press%20-%20magenta%20sky%20printmaking.htm

It looks pretty decent to me and it's the cheapest I could find. It's one that Ernst from uni recommended to me, so I figured that's good enough.

I managed to get some money from a local charity to put towards it so you could try the same, eg. here:

http://www.studentcashpoint.co.uk/

there's options there for graduates as well.

Good luck!